Assistant Junior Dean
The Stanford University Program in Oxford seeks a committed and enthusiastic postgraduate student to live with and mentor Stanford University students at the Stanford House in Oxford as Assistant Junior Dean. The ideal candidate will have previous peer leadership experience, knowledge of first aid as well as leadership experience in a communal living setting. The Assistant Junior Dean will be appointed for an 11-month period from 1 September 2022 to 31 July 2023 with a possible extension for a further 12 months to 31 July 2024.
The Assistant Junior Dean supports the Junior Dean as the two key staff members out of hours for students’ residential life at Stanford House in Oxford. The Junior Deans live in the student residence and, under the supervision of the Student Services Administrator and Facilities Manager, help to build a strong, safe and healthy residential learning community, which complements and extends students’ classroom and experiential learning.
The Assistant Junior Dean is compensated with accommodation in the student residence, program related travel expenses, and an annual stipend of £2181, potentially rising to £3762 with optional overtime work.
For more details please refer to the job description here.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate University degree or equivalent
- Current enrolment in a graduate course of study at Oxford University.
- Prior experience with summer camps, peer leadership, resident assistant, student and academic services support is desirable but not essential.
- Experience providing support work in a residential environment, including student and academic services support is desired but not essential.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to live in the student residence in Oxford for 33 weeks (11 weeks per term) between September 2022 and July 2023. Residence is not required in vacation periods.
- Ability to prioritise the needs of the program while students are in residence at Stanford House.
- Strong English written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated familiarity with, sensitivity to and respect for the diverse cultures and communities of Stanford and Oxford.
- Ability to commit to online residence life training in the Trinity term 2022, prior to taking up the post.
- At the time of hire must be legally authorised to work in the United Kingdom
- Must comply with all visa, work authorisation, and tax related laws and regulations as a condition of employment
To Apply Please Supply:
2. Covering letter
3. One letter of reference from your D.Phil supervisor
4. This application form
to the current Junior Dean, Claudia Kahindi, at email@example.com
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 4 March 2022
INTERVIEWS: Hilary Term 9th Week
START DATE: 1 September 2022
Stanford University is one of the world’s leading research and teaching institutions. Our mission is to educate future leaders and promote interdisciplinary, world-class research and teaching. A key aspect of this is to provide serious international educational opportunities to our students. Sustaining and developing these rich offerings is an intensely creative, rewarding, and challenging project.
For more information about Stanford BOSP in Oxford, please visit: